Starting Weight: 231 lbs
Goal Weight: 175 lbs
Current Weight: ….
Holy shit, I skipped the 220’s! 😃 I can’t even remember the last time I was in the teens!!! 🙌🏾🔥😂 Now before I get carried away about Soylent being a miracle worker (which I will to a degree very shortly), I think it’s important to acknowledge that during my initial weigh-in I was on my period & *WAY* more bloated than usual. My weight over the past year or so has teetered between 227-231. Other metrics you may want to know:
- BMI: 31.5
- Body Fat: 38% (My goal is to cut this in half, btw)
- Muscle Mass: 27.4%
THE ✨ MAGIC✨ OF SOYLENT
These are the a few of the impacts Soylent has had so far on my day-to-day life:
- Convenience – I don’t need to cook; although I often add flavors or green things that I blend in, I can also very easily just grab-and-go when I don’t have time to jazz it up.
- Tracking Calories – It’s so much easier to track my overall calories since 2 of my meals are exactly the same. It gives me the chance to figure out how to fit in whatever it is that I might have a taste for (chocolate, bread, veggie sausage, you name it) within my macros & caloric allowance. Tracking now is much less stressful/obsessive since I have a set amount of calories from the Soylent & more like a game of tetris where I plan out what I’m having for the next few days ahead of time. (I’m using Cron-O-Meter to track my calories. What do you use? Is tracking calories useful for you?)
- Digestion-Wise – Honestly, not that bad. The first few days my stomach had a few gurgles & there was some gas but I think my body’s used to it now. I almost always drink mine with something mixed in – greens, water, protein powder, fresh fruit, etc – which I think helps it to sit less heavily in my stomach. I also think it helps that at the end of the day I have a meal that’s PACKED with fiber to make sure that I’m moving everything through my digestive system with ease.
MACROS & MEAL PLAN FOR THIS WEEK 🍠🍛🍫
These are the macros I’m trying out for the next month or two:
- Carbs: 200 grams
- Protein: 105 grams (I usually get more than this & will be increasing my intake as I start to workout more)
- Fat: 70 grams (42 of which are coming from Soylent)
I made a veggie soup which will be my main calories for dinner this week. I broke it into 12 servings & will be eating it with brown rice or a sweet potato or beans. I’ll be toying around with different ways to hit my macros–maybe I should be eating a bunch of small snacks, maybe I should be cramming everything into one large dinner at the end of the day–you get the drift.
I’m really trying to pay attention to my eating habits & how my body reacts to different foods rather than just taking other peoples’ advice or following whatever is trending right now. I’m trying to pay attention to my usual pitfalls & plan ahead to make sure I have healthier options when I’m feeling emotional, bored, or just really, really hangry.
How are you setting yourself up for success this week??